Returns & Refunds Policy
La Mariposa Blanca is highly committed to design and sell unique and high quality jewellery and accessories. We want you to be happy with every piece of jewellery & accessories you purchase from us, we realise though that sometimes you may want to return an item. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, we are happy to offer a full refund or exchange within 7 days of the order delivery date. Some specific rules regarding refunds of delivery charges and other services may apply. Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund
Returned jewellery & accessories are required to be in brand-new condition and include the original, undamaged jewellery package with all packaging materials, including inserts, gift boxes, organza bags, jewellery care instructions card, and security tags intact. If we find that the items have not been returned to us in fully re-saleable condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund or deduct up to 25% of the original selling price from your refund amount. This does not affect your statutory rights .
We pride ourself to have high quality control standards. Each piece we use to design a La Mariposa Blanca jewel or accessory is carefully selected by our designers to meet high quality demands, only the best material pass the test. To ensure that no defected items are dispatched, every piece of jewellery and accessory that is shipped to you is thoroughly controlled before placed in it's gift box. We want you to be content with what you see when you open a package from La Mariposa Blanca. If any of your received jewels & accessories from us is defective in any way, you may return it within 14 days of delivery for a refund, repair or replacement. Please note that our offer to replace items and/or refund your money does not apply to damage caused by accident, neglect, misuse, dropping, or damage resulting from inappropriate exposure to any kind of destructive or abrasive chemical environments.
Jewellery & accessories that cannot be returned
Any piece of jewellery or accessory sold to you with a discount or that belonged to a promotional offering, as well as, any specially customer designed items you might have purchased via La Mariposa Blanca are strictly non-returnable. Please note that any pierced earrings and jewellery set containing pierced earrings are strictly non-returnable due to Health & Hygiene Regulations.
Return & refund details
Shopping with us should be a pleasant, convenient and successful experience. If you are not satisfied, we are happy to offer a full refund, exchange or replacement for the return of any of our jewels and accessories. You can expect your refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of our receiving your return. To make your return process easy, we ask you to please note the following:
- Returns under 7-days "cooling off" period If you are unhappy with anything you bought from us, you may cancel and return your order within seven working days following the day on which you receive the order. The returned products must be complete with unbroken safety tag; unworn, unused and with the original gift box, silk wrapping, jewellery package and accessories. La Mariposa Blanca will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the products. The total for any return postage, insurance, or customs fees, as well as any unpaid onward delivery charges will be deducted from your refund.
- Returns under faulty product guarantee If our product is defective, you may return it within 14 days of delivery for a refund, exchange, replacement or repair. The total for the return and onward delivery costs will be deducted from your refund.
Return & refund procedures
Returning your order to La Mariposa Blanca is a simple and a straight forward process:
- Before making any return shipment, we need you to notify us within 7 days or before the faulty product guarantee period via email, the Contact Us form or by phone. Please provide your name, address and contact telephone number. For faulty items, let us know why you think the item(s) is faulty, and whether you would prefer a replacement item or a refund.
- Once we have cleared your request for return of order you may dispatch your items back to La Mariposa Blanca.
- Ensure that your return is packed safely and securely, and includes all silk paper wrapping, gift boxes,organza bags, tags, jewellery care instruction cards, etc., that accompanied it in the original package. Please do not write jewellery, pearls, gemstones, silver or any related luxury words on the package in order to protect against possible theft during transportation.
- Since La Mariposa Blanca cannot be held responsible for items until they arrive at our premises,we recommend shipment for returned items should be pre-paid, insured and signed for, this will insure you for the value of your items and will also allow you to track your order. We assume no liability for loss or damage of returned packages.
- Please ship your return to the following address:
La Mariposa Blanca/ Patricia de Vries
29 400 Ronda, Málaga
- We will try to process your request for a full refund, replacement or exchange as quickly as possible. In some cases this may take a few days.
- For refunds, we will refund you according to the payment option you selected upon your original order. We aim to do this within 10 working days but it may take up to 30 days.
La Mariposa Blanca will only accept returned deliveries after the customer contacted us and the customer has received a clearance for returning items. Any returned jewels and accessories that are returned without our knowledge might be refused and sent back to you at your expense.
La Mariposa Blanca staff will inspect the returned contents for any signs of wear or damage before issuing refunds, replacements or gift vouchers. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the product, which will be deducted from your refund unless La Mariposa Blanca delivered the wrong items to you, or if the product is damaged or defective upon arrival.
We comply with the the EU Distance Selling (Directive 97/7) as ratified by part of the Consumer Protection (Contracts Concluded by Means of Distance Communications) Regulations 2000. Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations you may cancel your order for any reason within 7 working days following the day on which you receive the products.
How to contact us
If you need to contact us, please do so in the first instance via e-mail or using the Contact Us form.
If you would like help with an order, or have a general enquiry please email Customer Services. We try to respond to all e-mails as quickly as possible.
For Customer Services e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipment & Delivery Policy
When you place your order, La Mariposa Blanca will estimate the shipment and delivery dates for you based on the availability of the ordered items, delivery options and destination you choose:
- Free post and package on all national orders over 120€ * (Spain & Andorra)
- Free post and package with Express delivery on all orders over 240€ *
* Please note: for orders on discounted special offers and promotional offers at La Mariposa Blanca online, we include Free post and package with normal delivery for national orders over 120€ and international orders over 240€.
At present, we currently deliver to all countries in Europe, to United States and to Canada. We do not send shipments to individuals living in the Spanish tax free territories; Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla, neither do we ship to private P:O boxes or mail lists outside Spain.
At La Mariposa Blanca we seek to present our jewellery in an elegant and luxurious manner. All jewellery is individually wrapped in a silk paper and presented in a beautiful branded lavender coloured gift box with pearly shine and a white La Mariposa Blanca logo – just perfect to give as a gift! There is no need to purchase any additional gift boxes. Smaller jewellery such as our earrings and some fine and delicate bracelets are wrapped in a beautiful organza bag with the white La Mariposa Blanca logo. It’s the little luxurious touches that make shopping with La Mariposa Blanca that extra bit special.
All La Mariposa Blanca packages have included a card with jewellery care instructions. To ensure that your favourite La Mariposa Blanca jewels gives you pleasure for many years, it is important to take care of it – we like you to enjoy your new jewels for a long long time! All jewellery packages are mailed in protective envelopes or rigid purpose made outer carton container to reach you in perfect condition.
When La Mariposa Blanca have certain very attractive promotional offers and special discounts to customers that joined the La Mariposa Blanca club, we need to send the jewels in normal and standardised jewellery package. We always offer you the option to purchase the luxurious branded La Mariposa Blanca jewellery package when not included, prices are given on request either in the comment field in the order, by email or in the Contact Us form.
Shipment & Delivery Details
Our aim is to ship 48 h after receiving order payment, excluding non-workdays. If you need the ordered jewellery or accessories urgently, please let us know, either in the order comment field, by email, by the Contact Us form and we will try to meet your request.
All our jewellery & accessories are handmade, some times we produce to order, depending on complexity and numbers of orders waiting in the workshop, shipment can take up to 2-3 weeks. Of course we will always let you know and you are always free to cancel your order.
All shipped packages of jewels and accessories from La Mariposa Blanca are insured to 100 % of order value, so you can be sure that in case of loss, damage, or robbery during delivery, it will never be of any cost to you. When your order has been dispatched by La Mariposa Blanca you will receive a Dispatch Confirmation email from us to confirm that your order has been sent to you, stating date of shipment and sent products.
- National Orders - Reimbursement-on-delivery orders can only be shipped to the same delivery address as the customers billing address and for orders up to 120€. (Spain)
- National Orders - Express and Reimbursement-on-delivery orders are not sent to P.O box or Mail list (Spain & Andorra).
- International Orders – Reimbursement-on-delivery is currently only offered to customers in Spain and is not available to customers in other countries.
- International Orders – Transactions are carried out in Euros and you will be charged in Euros which means the amount you pay will depend on the exchange rate at the time your order is processed.
- If you have received a Dispatch Confirmation email and our estimated delivery times confirm that you should have received your order by now. Please contact us by email or use our Contact Us form and we will trace your order with our courier.
- The delivery periods are calculated in work days in both the country of origin and destination. Saturday is not included as a workday.
- The delivery periods are from the admission office in Spain to greater urban centres of the destination country. The delivery periods to other regions may increase by 1 or 2 additional days.
- The deliveries delayed by a force majeure will be discounted from the delivery period: meteorological conditions that effect transport and/or distribution, strikes or collective conflicts, and La Mariposa Blanca are not liable for any damages or loss cost by such events.
- In most cases, you will be required to sign on receipt of your order.
- If the delivery is sent to a Spanish mainland P.O Box or mail list, the transit period may increase and is understood as from the moment of the admission to the deposit of the shipment or its corresponding notice, at the destination´s P.O box.
- Orders may be subject to local taxes and import charges in certain countries, any additional charges for customs clearance are the customers responsibility. La Mariposa Blanca cannot predict what these charges may be and recommend that you contact your local customs office for further information.